This course focuses on discovering India as a country primarily for children in the age group of 6-7 years. This course helps them to build their knowledge about the capital of the country, the Indian national flag, national symbols, Indian festivals, famous Indian personalities from different fields and popular tourist places.
General Knowledge (Level 1)
Your child will get an opportunity to discover interesting facts about India, learn about our surroundings, develop critical life skills, explore the world of science, get to know about different sports and familiarize themselves with music, literature and a lot more.
The General Knowledge (Level 1) learning plan provides short learning nuggets on a diverse range of topics. These nuggets may include a mix of text, visuals, audio, video or flashcards to help your child learn in a fun and engaging way. In addition to the nuggets, your child has access to various interactive online and offline activities that help reinforce their learning through different experiences. The printable worksheets (PDF) provide them a chance to practice their learning. Quizzes provide them the thrill of a challenge and accomplishment. As a parent, you can see your child's progress through this journey while they acquire new knowledge. All the learning nuggets, activities, worksheets and quizzes have been carefully designed to make them engaging and interesting for the relevant age group while adapting to the different learning styles.
General Knowledge (Level 1) Learning Plan
Discovering IndiaFree Course
This course focuses on discovering India as a country. It is designed for a typical age group of 6-7 years. It helps them to build their knowledge about the capital of the country, the Indian national flag, national symbols, popular festivals, famous Indian personalities and popular tourist places.
- List the different names for India
- Name the capital of India
- Identify the different national symbols
Indian National Flag
- Identify the Indian national flag
- State the name by which the Indian national flag is known as
- Identify the colours of the flag and the Ashoka Chakra
- State the number of times and the occasions when the national flag is hoisted nationally during the year
- Identify the shape of the national flag
- List the three national festivals of India
- State the dates on which the national festivals are celebrated
- State the reason or significance of celebrating the national festival
Key Indian Festivals
- Identify the key Indian festivals, such as Diwali, Dussehra, Eid, Christmas, Gurupurab, Holi, Ganesh Chaturthi, Onam, Raksha Bandhan
- Describe the festival and the reason for celebrating the festival
- Identify the festival from the pictures and festivities associated with it
- State the date on which some important days, such as Children's Day and Teachers' Day, are celebrated in India
- State the reason for celebrating these important days
- Identify the famous personalities from their pictures
- Identify the famous Indian personalities from different fields, such as freedom struggle, politics, cinema and music, sports etc.
- State an interesting fact or reason for the personality to be famous
- Identify the tourist place from the picture
- State the city in which the tourist place is located
- State the key highlight of the tourist place
In Our SurroundingsUpcoming
Your child has the flexibility to go through the General Knowledge (Level 1) learning plan in a linear or a non-linear way.
As your child progresses, each nugget, activity or quiz completion makes them earn Buddy coins. It's of course their hard-earned collection that they will take pride in!
And that's not all! Your child can also earn a badge for each course completion. Needless to say, there are certain parameters to be fulfilled to be eligible for a unique badge for each course.
Have a Question?
Connect with our Learning Advisor on Whatsapp
MON - SAT || 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM